Your brand can and should be built through search engine optimization (SEO), whether you’re a CEO of a large organization, marketing director, small business owner, or author. Standing out and making your name known online will improve your online presence, both for personal and business names alike.
Search engine optimization focuses on improving the consumer experience. Your website’s visibility and desirable qualities are determined by its speed, design, content, and responsiveness. The easier it is for people to find and access your online presence, the faster you can build brand awareness.
How do you deliver the right content at the right time and place to the right audience to boost brand awareness?
Using SEO to Build Brand Awareness
Your website rankings can be boosted, and your brand recognition will be enhanced by optimizing critical elements of your website. Convert more visitors to leads and customers by attracting more traffic to your website.
Use content marketing
A regularly updated website with quality, valuable content is one of the most effective ways to boost your search engine positioning, build brand awareness, and generate quality leads. In addition, building trust with people, educating consumers, and informing them about your products and services are all possible with content marketing.
Provide your audience with the content they need to build a foundation of great content. For example, you might attempt to answer commonly asked questions, offer unique viewpoints about industry topics, or write compelling pieces that people can’t wait to read. Of course, blog posts and case studies aren’t the only forms of content marketing. You can engage your audience with various pieces, from videos and infographics to podcasts and webinars.
Determine the best keywords to use
Content optimization with the right keywords is essential for any good SEO branding strategy. Finding relevant phrases and long-tail keywords will help you rank for key phrases where consumers are at in the buyer’s journey so that you can meet them there.
Social proof also occurs when a site ranks near the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) for a specific keyword phrase. Again, you’ll appear more credible and trustworthy to consumers since organic rankings are usually more reliable than paid advertisements.
Ensure every content is optimized for search intent (or user intent). Users expect to find what they search for when they type specific terms into search engines. You can improve conversion rates and retain visitors longer by providing what they expect. Search terms should be navigational, transactional, informational, and commercial to fulfill the intent. Make sure that you also target branded keywords alongside industry keywords.
Your visibility and brand recognition can be enhanced by optimizing the following on-page elements:
- Page title
- Body paragraphs
- Image alt text
- Headers and subheaders
- Meta description
- Image file names
Link-building should be incorporated
Ahref’s data suggests that backlinks are among Google’s top three ranking factors; however, 66.31% of web pages lack even a single backlink. Furthermore, Ahrefs discovered that website traffic correlates with the number of links pointing to a page. Having a large number of backlinks indicates that a page receives a lot of organic search traffic from Google each month.
Integrate an effective link-building strategy to increase your Google rankings and brand awareness. Start by implementing these tactics:
- Offering valuable resources to others in your industry or niche is a great way to build relationships with them.
- If someone has a strong presence online in a related niche, pitch guest blog posts to relevant websites with links to your site and invite them to do a guest post on your site.
- Your site and any external sites linked to it should be fixed if there are broken links.
- Finding mentions of your brand on the internet and requesting a backlink would be helpful.
- Shareable content of high quality makes people want to share your content.
- Using social media can help you advertise your business.
- When you have something notable to share, consider drafting a press release.
Focus on the audience who matters most to you
Are you targeting a specific group of people? You must target customers who are most interested in what you have to offer if you want to raise brand awareness successfully. So, first, find out which customers are interested in what you have to offer.
Your core audience needs a seamless, search-intent-satisfying experience online, which Google calls a micro-moment. To attract the right audience and draw them towards your brand, you can share valuable content on relevant topics and incorporate keywords that belong to the niche you are targeting.
Make use of local SEO
Local SEO can help your business gain traction in the local market if you’re a small business or you want to utilize SEO for brand awareness locally. Consider the search intent of local users when creating your content so that it will be found in local searches.
If you want your website to appear on local search results, follow these steps:
- Build your credibility by generating regular local reviews. The majority of consumers around the world check online reviews before making purchases.
- Create and optimize the Google My Business (GMB) account, frequently adding new content and images.
- Improve the voice search experience on your website.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, and your target page relates to the local search terms you intend to rank for in Google Maps (GMB).
- Provide content on current events and topics in your area.
- Consider adding keywords and content specific to your location to your website.
- Ensure your business is listed in online NAP (Name, Address, and Phone Number) directories.
As a primary goal, raise your brand awareness by optimizing your website to attract traffic at the top of the sales funnel (in the awareness stage). Promote your brand by inviting new customers to your website. Your content should be relevant, informative, high-quality, and fresh to users in this initial stage to build trust and gain your desired brand recognition.